At Bookeen, your privacy is a top priority.
Bookeen is committed to managing your personal information responsibly and protecting it with administrative, technical and physical security measures.
We are also committed to acting honestly, directly and transparently with regard to your data. Bookeen follows two guiding principles when it comes to your privacy:
Transparency. We strive to be transparent about the personal information we collect and process.
Simplicity. We try to use plain language to describe our privacy practices to help you make informed choices.
Effective Date: May 24, 2018
At Bookeen, we offer you the best possible user experience. Thus, we collect, process and store your personal information when you use our websites, mobile applications, e-readers and services. Personal information is information that allows you to be identified, such as your name, email address, or billing for purchases such as mailing address. This privacy statement describes our practices regarding the collection, storage and processing of your personal information, as well as the controls implemented to manage it within our services.
- Your commitment to Bookeen services
The personal information required to make a purchase on Bookeen.com is only your surname, first name, an email address or telephone number and a postal address.
- What information does Bookeen collect about you?
The table below describes the information we collect about you to provide the Services. In this Privacy Statement, we refer to this as "personal information".
- Your first and last name
- An email address
- A postal address including address, postal code, city and country.
- Subscription or unsubscribe to the newsletter
Additional User Information
Information about your orders (order number / products concerned)
- What information does Bookeen collect through your use of the Services?
Data from computers and mobile devices
Information about how you access our services, including the website visited before arriving on Bookeen and which you visit afterwards.
Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer, mobile device or proxy server that you use to access the Internet, in addition to other technical information, such as:
- Your computer's operating system
- Your Internet browser.
- Your mobile device ID provided by your mobile device and its mobile operating system.
- The name of your Internet service provider or mobile operator.
Information from cookies and similar technologies
- Information collected from other sources
Information from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties. For example, we may supplement the data we collect with data provided by our business partners as part of a migration of the partner's accounts to Bookeen.
- How does Bookeen use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide, personalize, improve, update and expand our services. This includes the following actions:
- Develop new services and improve existing products and services.
- Conduct research and statistical analysis internally.
- Detect and prevent errors, fraud and other criminal or malicious activity, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Communications We use your personal information to communicate with you about the Services, including in connection with the following actions:
- Respond to your inquiries with Member Services;
- Send you newsletters if you are subscribed to the Bookeen newsletter
- Notify you of the actual purchase of one or more products.
- Notify you of the proper consideration of a pre-order.
- Notify you of a problem during a purchase or pre-order.
- Provide you with information or address your technical, security and other operational issues.
- When do we share your information and who are the recipients?
Bookeen will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than as described in this Privacy Statement. In particular, we will not share your information with insurance companies, employers or third party advertisers without your explicit consent. The circumstances described below explain when sharing can take place:
Who your information may be shared with / circumstances in which sharing may take place
Service Providers We use other companies to provide our Services to you. These partner companies will therefore have some of your information in their systems. Our partners are subject to contractual obligations governing data security and confidentiality in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable laws.
These partners include:
- Google Analytics for traffic analysis
- Our payment providers including Paybox
- Service providers who help us in the field of marketing; statistics, and fraud prevention.
Legal or regulatory process
We may share your personal information if we deem it necessary to:
- Comply with a valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas, warrants);
- Enforce the Bookeen Terms and Conditions;
- Ensure the security and integrity of the Services; or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of Bookeen, our employees or users.
If we are compelled to disclose your personal information to law enforcement, we will do our best to notify you in advance, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
If Bookeen is acquired
If Bookeen or its business is/are acquired or divested (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we will share your personal information with the acquiring or receiving entity. The promises contained in this Privacy Statement will continue to apply to your personal information that is transferred to this new entity.
- Your Choices and Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to access your personal information and to receive in portable form a copy of certain information you have provided, as well as to request the updating, deletion or rectification of this information by contacting Bookeen. Data and information access options are mentioned below. You can request a complete export of your personal data by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are Bookeen's retention practices?
Bookeen services are based on the fundamental notion that literary personal travel is not a one-time event and can continue for long periods of time, sometimes for a lifetime. As a result, Bookeen's retention practices reflect these sustainability values by holding user accounts on our system until our users notify us of their desire to delete their data or close their account.
Retention period: Bookeen will retain the personal information you provide when you make your purchase until you ask us to delete it.
Usage Information: In some cases, we choose to retain usage information (e.g., site visits) in anonymized or aggregated form. Once aggregated, this information ceases to be personal and will no longer be subject to deletion requests from Bookeen users.
- How do I delete my personal information?
You may delete your Bookeen personal information by writing to email@example.com.
General: Please note that a delay may apply to the deletion of your personal information from our backup systems once we have deleted it from our production and development systems.
Bookeen has a comprehensive information security program designed to protect our customers' personal information using administrative, physical, and technical safeguards. The specific security measures used are based on the sensitivity of the personal information collected. We have put in place measures to prevent inappropriate access, loss, misuse or alteration of personal information in our possession. The Bookeen Security Team regularly reviews our security and privacy practices and
Why migrate your Nolim account to Bookeenstore?
To continue enjoying your e-reader and your digital library you can transfer your Nolim account to our Bookeenstore bookstore now.
By transferring your account to Bookeenstore, you will be able to:
- Find your entire ebook library
- Get new ebooks
- Redirect your e-reader (if you have one) Nolim to Bookeenstore
Bookeen is Nolim's long-standing partner and the browsing experience is similar, which will allow you to quickly get your bearings in this new bookstore.
How can I find all my Nolim ebooks on Bookeenstore?
It's very simple! All you have to do is go to the page dedicated to migration and let yourself be guided.
I transfer my digital library to Bookeenstore !